While I was up there Katie had some fabric that she was going to make into a receiving blanket. She told me that I was going to learn to sew one so she let me go at it. I was really nervous because I didn't want to ruin the cute fabric she had. While I was cutting off extra material I made the kiddos masks from the strips of material I had. It was funny to watch them play with them.
I love this picture of Emily. No smiling just all business.
Me working on the blanket.
Isn't it so cute. I must say I was pretty excited about it. Sure it wasn't too labor intensive but I just worried about sewing straight because I have problems with doing anything that requires straight lines. I also made some yummy zucchini bread. I brought a loaf to work yesterday and everyone ate it right up.
To add on to the other amazing homemaker things, I helped can green beans and mowed their lawn. After all of that I felt like I'd accomplished a lot. It was a really fun weekend and I loved visiting and playing with Ben and Emily, not to mention getting my laundry done for FREE!

5 comments:
I love that you are still wearing your mask while you are making your blanket. :)
Melissa Kaye you are just the best. Always game for an adventure. Just love that you enjoyed yourself and just did some plain ordinary things that you missed at home because you were such a go getter at home. Love mom
I didn't miss out on these things at home I just hadn't done it in a while. You taught me lots of stuff mom so no worries.
Love the masks and the blanket turned out so cute!
Thanks for all the fun and all the help! You can come do your laundry anytime!! :)
Post a Comment