Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mattress

My college days have been filled with lots of fun, great stories, and.... a terrible mattress. I'm sure most of you know what I'm talking about. You know the thin piece of cotton and cardboard that over 100 people have already slept on. Well I decided that I was not having any more of it. My brother Randy had a extra mattress that wasn't being used and told me I could pick it up and use it. He left his truck for me to use. Last night Christina and Jourdan came up with me. When we got there we realized that his truck was still connected to a trailer. I did everything I could possibly think of to get the trailer off the truck, but no luck. Well I decided I would look for a few papers that I needed for a job interview today and I couldn't find them. I was a little annoyed so I decided I was not going to leave that house empty handed. Yep that's right we stuffed that mattress into my car. It took a lot of pushing and pulling and sweating. Christina shimmied underneath the mattress in the back and Jourdan and I well we...
pretty much shared the driver's seat. We shoved the thing in so it would cross the whole car because it was too long to just fit in the back. Jourdan and I became much closer after this.
She was practically sitting on me and my right arm had no space as I'm sure you can tell so It was pretty much wrapped around Jourdan the whole ride home. It was so funny. The whole time we couldn't stop laughing at what we had just done. We were also laughing at Christina in the back. She was singing along to the radio and all you could hear from her were muffled sounds.
This is Christina trying to get out of the car. She had to fall on the ground first as you can see. When we got home we tried to pull it out but were struggling. Luckily for us a couple of guys from our ward walked by and asked if we needed help. When they realized what it was we were trying to pull out they just laughed and said they couldn't believe that we had fit that in my car. This is one of those moments that I'll always remember about my college life.
P.S. I slept great last night!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

You seriously crack me up girl! Glad you slept great though.

Heidi said...

That is hilarious! Mom and I are giggling up a storm over the phone reading this. I bet those guys thought you girls we crazy for fitting it in there.

Sheleeha said...

haha that is so something i would do :) haha... as kk and lac about the big ol barrell on the side of the road, :) haha i miss ya! glad you slept good love ya

Katie Wells said...

You are definitely a member of the Wells Family! Made me laugh.

Rebecca said...

Missy that is so funny. I can't believe you were able to get it into your car like that. Where did yougo in from the doors or the trunk. I am so puzzled.