Last night I went up with Cassie to visit our old roommate Lyndsey. We grabbed some food for a little picnic and rented a movie. We decided on Race to Witch Mountain. Now if you you like Disney and you like suspense then this is a perfect movie for you.
The movie starts out with action and never stops. For those of you who don't know (which I doubt is any of you) I play with my hair. I do it to calm myself or when I'm nervous. Lets just say that last night I told Cass and Lynds "this movie is intense, there is some major hair twisting gonig on over here." I'm sure some of you will disagree but I've always been jumpy and my pulse increases even in the slightest suspense.
The movie starts out with action and never stops. For those of you who don't know (which I doubt is any of you) I play with my hair. I do it to calm myself or when I'm nervous. Lets just say that last night I told Cass and Lynds "this movie is intense, there is some major hair twisting gonig on over here." I'm sure some of you will disagree but I've always been jumpy and my pulse increases even in the slightest suspense.
Next I picked up the book My Sister's Keeper. I started it at Brad and Katie's and read it in about two days at work. It is a really good book. I had to walk outside when I finished the book because I was getting teary eyed and couldn't let everyone in the office see me cry over a book. Also some of you may not know that anything slightly sentimental gets me teary eyed or crying so it took some major will power to not burst while at work. The book has some hash language but it is good. I reccommend both the book and the movie.
4 comments:
I finished that book a few weeks ago and LOVED it. I'm now reading The Time Traveler's Wife, but it has a lot of things leading up to sex scenes which I'm not so fond of.
I also loved that book a lot, and I cried tons. You shouldn't be ashamed I don't think for crying over a book though, I think that if you read a book and it brings you strong emotions like that then it just means the writer did a good job. :)
Wow. Work must be keeping you super busy!
I think I'll rent this movie for my kids. I remember the original version and I bet this one is better. I'm so glad you read it. I loved this book. It is on my list of all time favorites. It makes me not want to see the movie because I know it won't be as good as the book. I read The Time Traveler's Wife too. There is a ton of harsh language in that one. I can't recommend it because of that but I loved the story. Now the next book you should read when you get a free minute is Sotah. Great book!
Post a Comment