Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Roommate Date Night

Last Tuesday we had a roommate date night. Since there were only two of us at the time Adrienne and I invited our neighbors and a couple other girls from the ward to join us. When we do this the girls have to ask the guys out (guys here have issues about asking girls out). Well we went to Shopko and picked up some paint and paper then headed up to Rock Canyon Park. We had to either paint each other or something we saw while we were there.
Everyone hard at work.
Adrienne and her date Nathan. They painted a scenery picture and then a portrait of the other person. As you can tell Nathan's painting of Adrienne is a little more abstract than the one she did of him.
My date David and I painted what we saw. As you can tell David it somewhat of an artist. My painting in my left is the building that held the bathrooms and the painting in my right is actually upside down. It is the temple spire poking over the hillside.
This is Andrew and Lisa. They are currently dating and are pretty cute together. They chose to do a mountain scene. One was the sunrise and the other the sun set. (Funny thing is they didn't plan it)
(Left to right: Kim, Donny, Casey, Rachel) Kim and Donny just did portraits of each other, while Casey and Rachel did portraits of each other (the black version)
This is Heather and I can't remember her dates name. Heather did a nice nature scene while he designed her future album cover.

Afterward we went over to the Bishop's house and had him, his wife, and their youngest daughter Hannah judge our paintings. Out of the couples my temple picture won, once I turned it the right way. After that we went to a frozen yogurt place and just talked. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the next one.








3 comments:

Gina said...

"It is the temple spire poking over the spire.."
I don't understand.

Heidi said...

Looks like you all had a great time. What a fun idea for a date.

Rebecca said...

That is a great idea. Where do you guys come up with all those great ideas for dates and activities. So you say your picture won aye, I bet you slipped the bishop a $20 when no one was looking. J/K