Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Church History Museum

Last Saturday we had an Enrichment activity for Relief Society. It was really fun. We met together and had pizza then headed up to Salt Lake to go to the Church History Museum. It was so much fun and I don't think I've ever been to the museum and it was really neat. There weren't very many of us that were able to make it but it was fun with those who came. I figured I should take a picture of this banner since we were there for Relief Society.
Alena this saddle picture is for you. It was really neat. It has all different church scenes on it. The First Vision, the Restoration of the Priesthood, and just a bunch of really neat stuff.
All of us girls had a chance behind the replica pulpit that is in the Conference Center. It is actually really big.
This bed was for people to get a feel of what it was like on ships that people came on to get to America. The crazy thing was that there would usually be about 3 people to a bed on the ship. Not the most comfortable thing. Also one of the girls told us a story that on one of the ships all those that were engaged were married so they could sleep together and have enough room for everyone.
I really liked this picture except for the fact that I was not prepared for him to take the picture and was caught with my mouth open. L-R (Alysa, Lisa, Caitlin, Katelyn, Kayla, Me, Amber)
I had to take a picture of this. This is President Hinkcley's notes for a regional conference in Albuquerque, NM. I thought it was great because it was just that one side of the paper. Pretty amazing that that he can get a talk out of just those few notes.
They had a children's area in the museum. In there they had a bunch of dress up clothes and this manger scene so we decided to dress up and take a picture. The volunteers there said that we looked pretty good and I must agree that we did make a pretty good manger scene.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is cool. What a great idea to go to Salt Lake there is so much to see so you will be able to take it with you where ever you go.

Heidi said...

The manger scene totally made me crack up. You look like you are having so much fun. I told you you would like the museum. Remember it changes every month so it is fun to go back to often