Yesterday for FHE our ward headed to the Bean Life Science Museum here on campus. A guy in my ward works here and they were putting on a live reptile show.
I'm not really a fan of reptiles. I try to stay away from reptiles as much as possible especially live ones. It was pretty interesting and I became brave while there so I decided to hold some of the live animals.
This lizard wasn't that bad. It actually felt pretty cool. The show also included a live snake and tortoise.
This guy liked to eat anything as you can see he was chewing on this kids shoe. After the show was over they let anyone come up and hold the animals... and I held the snake! YUCK! It was crazy. I can't believe I did it. After my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking. I don't have a picture of it because I didn't really like looking at it. I'm still a little grossed out by the fact that I did it. After everyone was done he brought up a tarantula. I also thought I would be brave and here are some pictures of my bravery or maybe stupidity.
It look me a minute to put my hands out to hold it. It felt kind of cool but as you can see I was still grossed out by it.
All in all it was a pretty fun night and a couple of firsts for me so I say it was successful. I probably won't do it again it really grossed me out.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The guy with the spider is cute. I always heard about how fun this museum was and we never made it there while we lived in Utah. Too bad. Did the lizard feel like a purse? ;)
Ew, yuck, yuck yuck! But Heidi's right, that guy was cute. Did you catch his name? :)
eww that is grow missy but at least you were brave! looks like your sisters just want you to find a man!
Post a Comment