Her husband is on the O-line for BYU football and he is a great guy. It's funny to see them married because Lyndsey and I were room roommates and I heard all about Braden and how she felt about him and now they are married.
After pictures Carrie and I decided to walk around Salt Lake since neither of us had to go to work and there was no point in driving down to Provo and then back to South Jordan. While on Temple Square we went to the Relief Society building (that I didn't know existed) and took a little tour. While there the lady was telling us that Sister Spafford asked the women of the church for a $5 donation to help build it. Well they had books that you could search and see if your ancestors donated and I found my grandmother and and a few other relatives on my mom's side and my great-grandmother on my dad's side.
(Ruth Teuscher-grandma on mom's side)
(Minne Wells- great-grandmother on dad's side)
While we were there all the presidencies for YW, RS, YM, and Primary were meeting. I was hoping we could get a sneak peak but no luck. In the bottom of the building there is a resource place and Carrie and I found these giant scriptures. They were taller then us both.
It was a pretty fun day. We went to a little shop in Salt Lake and got frosties from Wendy's. Then we decided to kill some time by going to a dollar theater. Afterward we headed to the reception which was beautiful. My camera batteries were out so no pictures from there. It was nice to just spend a day with my friends with nothing pressing to do, but now it's back to real life.

4 comments:
I can't believe Lyndsay is married now. That is so awesome. Was he her missionary boy she always talked about? Those scriptures look so awesome! I think it's great you have a blog. i wish I would have kept one more religiously when I was in college. ANyway, have a great weekend!
Hey Melissa! Do you want to play on a softball team? If so, call me at 801-879-8303.
You look so pretty in that last picture Melissa. Those huge scriptures are a crack up. I can't believe you didn't know about the RS building considering how many times you have been to temple square
Those scriptures are huge. That is so cool that you found our family in the book of donations. We come from great family on both sides. Your room mate is so cute. What movie did you watch?
Post a Comment