Monday, June 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Point

Saturday night we had a stake talent show at Thanksgiving Point. I have never been to the gardens there and oh my it was GORGEOUS! A bishop in my stake owns it and so we were able to get the amphitheater to perform. Every ward did something and then we had a surprise guest. It was really pretty and a great day.
(Megan-friend we made from Maceys, Kasey, Seneca, Carrie)


Our guest was Alex Boye. When Kasey and I went to ask for a picture his friend by Kasey said, "Only if we can do it Oreo style, hey it's even double stuff." We were all laughing. He was so good. He was funny and a very good entertainer. He did impersonations of other black singers like Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and some I can't remember. He also sang this hilarious song called church ball.

Aubrey and I enjoying the show!

6 comments:

Becca said...

I love the gardens up there!!! That is such a fun place. I love reading about your life.

Unknown said...

okay so Alex Boye performed here before and they ate lunch at Bernardone's where I used to work with Sheldon and when i was serving him he was like there is something wrong with me drink and I was like are you sure I can get you another one if you want and he pulled out his straw and his ring was on it and all the guys were laughing so hard. It was funny but embarassing.

Heidi said...

Jealous. I always wanted to go to the gardens because I heard they were beautiful. How fun that you got to go...for FREE! Sounds like a fun night.

Anonymous said...

Great blog. how funny is the double stuff. Gardens look gorgeous as you said. You are having some great experiences. Cherish each one of them!

Rebecca said...

Cool I never went to the gardens but wanted to as well as Heidi. It is cool that you got to go for free. Love you

tj said...

I found your blog after I did a Google Image search for the Thanksgiving Point Amphitheater. I was in the 83rd ward last year and was the Stage Manager for this show! I was excited to see some pictures from it.

We're doing another Stake Concert there this Thursday evening. I used your picture on our Stake Event Page, I hope you don't mind!

Your blog says you're in AZ now (where at? I'm from Prescott), but if do happen to be in Provo, feel free to come to the concert! Here's the info:
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=239529252750386