Thursday, September 17, 2009

What college students do when they are bored!

The other night my roommates and I were pretty bored although I'm sure we all had homework to do, so we decided to go doorbell ditching.
It all started when my roommate Angilyn burnt popcorn. We told her to take it outside. She and was told to place it at the doorstep of our neighbors and knock. She did and we enjoyed watching them so much we decided to try out some more. We then proceeded to round up random things in our kitchen and deliver them. We came up with tuna fish with the note "You're a great catch," then there was gluten free granola bars with the saying, "You put the wild in wildlife." The next was instant oatmeal with, "You bring instant joy," and finally the heel of a loaf of bread with, "You have a nice Ka Boose." We didn't have a saying for the bananas.
We all dressed in black and proceeded to doorbell ditch the items.
We also decided to take the burnt popcorn and leave a few pieces at each door with one of the other items as the signature of the "Poppin Ladies." It was raining and we were semi caught once but it was really funny to watch the people.
(Laura, Adrienne, Me, Angilyn)
I know we are pretty silly but anyone that has had roommates will understand that when you get a group of people together with a lack of sleep and new found freedom they will do silly things.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Nerds. But I so totally did stuff like that too.

Rebecca said...

This is what I am talking about when it comes to having room mates I miss that you could be a total nerd just like Heidi said and still have so much fun. I love Missy. :)