Yesterday I was at work when a friend told me that I needed to do the Rex Lee Run with her on Saturday. I had been thinking about doing it all week but decided I didn't want to do it alone or pay to run. Well she continued to talk me into it and I decided that it is for a good cause and so I signed up for the 5k run. Lets just get one thing straight. I don't run so I was a little apprehensive about doing it. For those of you who were wondering Rex Lee was a professor at BYU and later became the President but died of cancer and every year at BYU they do a run in honor of him. This was my number. It was a legitimate race. It wasn't just a bunch of people jumping in to run. They had numbers and little microchips to track your time. I wish I could have found mine out but I felt like I did pretty well.
There were LOTS of people doing this race. They had a 5k and a 10k. It was also VERY cold to start. My hands were freezing!
This is my friend Audrey and I after the race. She is pretty much amazing. We found out that we have a lot in common and decided we need to more than just work friends. I had a lot of fun and got my exercise in for the day, not to mention a new t-shirt to add to my collection of about 50 or so. So if you get the chance to run for a cause I highly recommend it, but to run for the fun of it... well I guess that's your problem. :)
Good job Melissa! That's really cool! :) Its fun to do something that like with a friend that you can both enjoy spending time together while helping others. :) -Ashley
4 comments:
Good job Melissa! That's really cool! :) Its fun to do something that like with a friend that you can both enjoy spending time together while helping others. :)
-Ashley
you're so cute miss and you do too run! don't even try to tell lies to the world.
Missy that is cool. Now you and Kristen can run together.
Post a Comment