The other day after going to Hobby Lobby (which I love and I'm so happy they have one in Orem now) I was stopped at the stop light and saw a car accident. One car went to do a u-turn and didn't see the car behind him and slammed right into it. I went through the light and went to make sure they were ok. Nothing major but fire and ambulance showed up as well as the cops. I was asked to write down my witness statement and I felt like I was in an episode of Law & Order.
Other news, last Thursday BYU had a private forum (not even broadcast) with past Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. I'm not much into politics but she gave an amazing speech. I was also impressed by the fact that she is a concert pianist. She was also really funny and seemed very down to earth. She had a few quotes that I really liked.
Other news, last Thursday BYU had a private forum (not even broadcast) with past Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. I'm not much into politics but she gave an amazing speech. I was also impressed by the fact that she is a concert pianist. She was also really funny and seemed very down to earth. She had a few quotes that I really liked.
- It doesn't matter where you are from, it only matters where you are going
- You might not be able to control your circumstances but you can control your response to those circumstances.
It's not everyday that you get the chance to go and listen to things like this and that is one reason I love BYU.

1 comment:
thats kind of random to have her speak at BYU
Post a Comment