Well school has started and summer is over. I'm still having summer with drawls and I don't think that I've grasped the fact that I can't play every night. So far I'm really excited about my classes. I think I'm really going to enjoy them. I'm taking Stress Management, Obesity and Weight management, Exercise Prescription, Worksite Health Promotion, Consumer Health, Personal Training Strategies, and Philosophical and Ethical issues. My professors are all pretty interesting and teach well. My consumer health professor has turrets and is hilarious! He told us that he doesn't have the swearing kind so if he swears it's because he wants to. He also gave us tips on how to have turrets so if we are in a boring class we can do something and blame it on turrets. It was really interesting when he had us do a demonstration where for one min we wrote the pledge of allegiance. (I finished in under a min) He then had us clap our hands above our heads and cross off the last word we wrote every time he made a noise to try and mimic someone with turrets and OCD, let's just say it was WAY hard and I only got 5 words in a minute, plus I couldn't concentrate on what I was trying to do. 
Well the other day I was in my Exercise Prescription class (where my professor has mentioned that he is a multi-millionaire several times) and we were discussing how you need energy to do work. He then asked me to take out all the money I had in my wallet, which was a dollar bill (sad I know, but I never have cash) He then proceeded to take out a wad of 100 dollar bills and told me to count it. He had 50 100 dollar bills in his pocket. (I don't think I've ever held that much money in my life!) He then asked us which one of us had more potential to do with the amount we had. Well he then asked me if I wanted 100 dollars and I said, "Of course," thinking he was going to tell us how we could earn money. Well he then proceeded to take one of the bills and laid it on my desk and told me, "You can pay me back when you help someone out later on." I didn't know what to do because my whole class was staring at me. After class I went up to him and told him I couldn't take it, he said, "Of course you can and how are you going to pay me back?" I told him by helping someone out later and then he said, "Do you really think this is going to hurt me financially?" I replied no and he asked if I could use if for something I needed or was important and I said yes, and then he said there you go. So I told him thank you and he said, "You're welcome." It was the craziest thing but it was so great and it just made me want to help people more so I can pay him back. All I can say is not to bad for the first week back at school!

6 comments:
That was the BEST story. Unfortunately most of my professors don't carry around multiple $100. or you bet I'd have one by now :)
So Melissa, is that summer with Southern drawls you're having? :P
LOVE IT!! That's so awesome!
WHAT are you going to do with the money?? I'm dying to know what you decide. Sounds like you have some fun classes this semester!
I'm glad that you documented this story. If only all professors were as generous. Maybe by lowering the price of books...?
WOW what a crazy story. I bet you were sitting in the front. Know everyone is going to sit in the front. If you tell who your teacher is everyone will sign up for his class next sumester. Cool! Very Cool! I agree with Katie what are you going to do with the money?
Post a Comment