This past weekend I headed home for the 24th celebration. I know they do all kinds of fun things in Utah but I just love going home for this small town celebration. The first night there the sunset was BEAUTIFUL! I really miss the sunsets from back home so I had to take a picture to capture it.
And this was before it started to get really orange and pink.
(Me helping mom snap the green beans while we watched Princess Diaries)
This year the activities people had a great idea to do the dinner for the 24th in the church and set everything up early. Mom and dad had to go to the doctor so I was sent as the family representative to help pack up the bread, cookies, and bbq sauce. We worked for a long time but we were very effective.
(The group hard at work)
That night we served over 600 meals and it was actually a lot of fun. The rest of the weekend was great. I spent some time with Kaitlin and Reed, saw Sheleeha and Kenny who weren't supposed to be there (but I was way happy they were) watched fireworks, the parade was great, softball games, pie and ice cream, family. Overall it was a great weekend!
And this was before it started to get really orange and pink. Tuesday mom and I headed down to Cliff, NM to visit Alena. It was fun. We went around and visited a few people from the town and saw some neat places. It rained and rained while we were there but man the lightening show was AMAZING. While we were down there we went to a barrel racing competition and I did a little horseback riding.
(Me on Alena's father-in-law's horse) This is CJ, and he was a great horse to ride. I just love riding horses any chance I get and right now the only chances are usually down at Alena's.
I was able to spend some time with this little cutie.
(Kurstyn) And she actually rode most of the way home to Provo with me which was quite entertaining.
When I go home there is usually a little relaxing but most of the time there is lots to do, which I'm happy to do. This trip was filled with time down at the garden picking green beans and weeding.
This year the activities people had a great idea to do the dinner for the 24th in the church and set everything up early. Mom and dad had to go to the doctor so I was sent as the family representative to help pack up the bread, cookies, and bbq sauce. We worked for a long time but we were very effective.
That night we served over 600 meals and it was actually a lot of fun. The rest of the weekend was great. I spent some time with Kaitlin and Reed, saw Sheleeha and Kenny who weren't supposed to be there (but I was way happy they were) watched fireworks, the parade was great, softball games, pie and ice cream, family. Overall it was a great weekend!

5 comments:
yeah we loved seeing you come back when you can stay longer.
I love going back to Kirtland. I usually need a vacation once I get home from all that we do but that familiarity is so wonderful. Glad you had such a great time. The 24th Kirtland style is such fun. Did you have some fry bread for me?
Cool I want to go back and visit during the 24 of July. I miss the sunsets as well. We have really great ones down here thou. Different but great. You see unlike the dust in the sky lighting up in different colors the sunsets refect of the water giving it a wonderful glow. You will have to come and see. Love you tons.
i was so happy to see you, next time we will coordinate to be there the same time :) and hang out for alot longer k :) love you!
so jelaous that you went horseback riding!
Post a Comment