Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Moab Trip

On July 16 my ward packed the back four rows of a non-air conditioned bus and headed out to Moab! This is us starting out on our 4 hour adventure with all windows down to create airflow. We packed the back of the bus as high as possible. This caused problems because on every turn or stop things came toppling down. This is Bryson trying to hold everything down.

(Rachel and Steve Moulton) This was our second counselor and his wife. They were just released the Sunday after we got back. I'm going to miss them because they were a lot of fun.
(Carlos and Kim) The closer we got to Moab the hotter it got so we started using spray bottles of water to help us cool down.
Finally we arrived at our destination along the Colorado river.
(Robin, Amanda, Jenny, Satsha, Kellie, Megan, Jason, Lexi)
This is us while we were still pretty clean and looked good.
This is the giant tent that Randy let us borrow for the trip. It was really big but it held a lot of girls.
After we got camp set up Carrie, Devon, and I went to go cook every one's dinner, foil dinners yummy, then we all sat around and played some games.
Later we a bunch of us headed off to a night hike. It was pretty easy but it was still really fun.

(Carrie and I on our hike)
When we got back we had a little devotional about testimonies and I was able to share my thoughts and testimony with everyone and it was really neat. That night about 9 of us girls decided to sleep outside. The temperature was perfect and the night sky was beautiful. We talked and laughed and talked until we finally decided to go to bed which I'm sure made more than one person in the camp happy. It was so funny we talked about nothing really but it was one of those times that anything said was funny. Also we could be in the middle of a conversation and if we saw a shooting star we would all go "Ahh, I saw one" It reminded me of the dogs on up if they saw a squirrel.
The next morning was river time. We packed everything up and headed down to the river in our rafts.
(Carlee, Cherie, Kellie, Kasey, Emily-Kasey's sister)
We had so much fun on the river. When all of the rafts would get close to each other we would all start jumping from one to the other and pulling people into the river. Then we would go around and try to get as many people in as possible. Afterward we would all just float down in our life jackets until someone yelled rapids and we would jump back in a raft go through and then start the process again.
At one point I made it onto the raft with the bishop's wife. She hadn't been pulled into the water yet and when I got on she was bending over the edge (helping her daughter back onto the raft) and I went right up behind her and pushed her right over. It was great!
(Alejandro, ?, Braden, Megan, Natalie, Dani, Jenny)
We stopped for lunch and everything was soggy. Let's just say not many people had a sandwich.
(Amanda and I while we stopped for lunch)

One of the rafts of people
(Britten and I taking our turn on the rowing. Look at those biceps ;)
We spent about 6 hours floating down the river and had so so much fun. At one point one of the guys from another raft came over and pulled Carlee into the water then took her back to his raft. He then stood on the raft, made a war cry and said, "We take your wimen!" It was so funny.
We loaded up for another 4 hour trip back and we all looked like this on the way back.

Tired and dirty but an overall fun weekend.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks fun. I've always wanted to do river rafting. Good seeing you this weekend miss love you.

Heidi said...

I always want to do this in Moab. Looks like you guys had a blast. Love all the pics.

Rebecca said...

It looks like you guys had fun. Man I want to go camping. We should sleep on the top of my house or something fun like that. But still what if I wake up and there is an iguana by me. Oh man I don't think I could handle it.

Katie Wells said...

So fun!!

Anonymous said...

This wa a great blog. Such good pictures. I worried that you would roast while you were there but all you got was a bit of a burn and some pilling on your shoulders. oh to be young again. Oh no I wouldn't want to live it all over again. I'm content to be where I am. Mom