Friday, February 13, 2009

A New Sport


There are a few sports out there that I question those that play them. For example
Exhibit A: Baseball/Softball

You stand in front of someone swinging at a really hard ball as hard as they can and you want to CATCH IT! Plus you run around a dirt field and if it gets close you decide to slide in the dirt? REALLY?

Exhibit B: Volleyball
You take a ball and pass it from one player to the other and then pass it to the other side to let them set up and try to hit the ball as hard as they can. Then you actually let the ball HIT YOU instead of moving out of the way. You dive on a hard floor to keep it from hitting. Hmmm
Exhibit C: Track/Hurdles
You run around an oval as fast as you can. Not because you are being chased by a bear or running after the person that stole your purse. No your doing it for the FUN of it! Not only are you doing that but you decide to take something and make it even more fun by putting a big stick like thing higher than your waist for you to jump over as if your not enjoying it enough, and if you don't jump over you fall and get scraped all up. (I'm pretty sure the scrape on her knee is exactly that)
and finally I've found a new one
Exhibit D: RacquetballYou stand in a completely enclosed court and smack a ball off the walls all the while trying not to get hit with the ball. You are diving all around trying to keep the ball from bouncing twice but if the ball hits you the other player gets a point. You don't even get compensated for getting smacked by the ball!

Why do people do these things...... because they are FUN. I don't really know what all of this says about me since I've played them all and LOVE them all. Maybe it the rush we get by doing it or maybe we are just not all there. Whatever it is I LOVE IT!

The following is a picture after playing racquetball. Unfortunately it didn't matter that I dove for the ball because I still lost. It looked a lot better before this but I took forever to take a picture.












1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Missy I died laughing at this one. And I even made Daniel stop and read it. When you brake it down and say it so basic we probable look a little crazy down here to the heavens. Missy like I told you before don't put nasty pictures of body parts broken and dead unless you warn me at the top such as WARNING BECCA MAY CONTAIN NASTY PHOTOS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR STOMACH SICK FOR OVER 36 HOURS AFTER VIEWING. ok we got it. Good!