We had a packed and fun 4th of July weekend. On Thursday night we had Heidi and Darren's kids came down to stay the night with us. We had pizza and watched a movie. The morning of the 4th our ward had a pancake breakfast which everyone enjoyed. Afterward we came back to the house and went swimming!
After we dropped the kids off Cory and I headed over to Dayna and Justin's for a little bbq and fun with some of their friends. That night we sat out in an open field and watched fireworks on all sides of us.
The next morning Cory and I got up and headed for Snowflake. My parents were there with a boy from their ward who was receiving his endowment. I love the Snowflake temple and I was happy to go and be there with my parents. Afterward we ate lunch and then said goodbye.
On our way back we passed through Heber and noticed their firework show was that night. After we drove past it Cory asked if I wanted to go. I told him it would be fun but you just drove past. Another minute or two passed and he said it would be fun and if I wanted to go. I told him to pull over before we kept driving in the opposite direction and make a decision. He finally decided that it would be fun so we turned around and went. While there he called up one of his high school friends to see if he was there with his wife who had grandparents in Heber. Sure enough they were there and we went and crashed their family party. The grandparents just got back from a mission in Vladivostok, Russia, so of course Cory was excited to talk to them about the people they all knew. When the time came for the fireworks we had the best seats in the house. They shot them off at the north end of the football field and this families back fence just happened to be the fence around the field. They were literally right above our heads. They were so close that it was almost hard to watch because they were so bright. We had such a good time and we were glad we chose to be spontaneous and stay.
Here is a picture at about 37 weeks. It's crazy to think on Tuesday I'll be 38 weeks and this baby could be here anytime. I went to the motherhood store yesterday and had Cory try on the baby belly. He wasn't too sure about it at first but I asked him, "Don't you want to know what it feels like?" So he did.
Things are going well for both of us. We are just getting things ready for our little one to arrive. I'm getting more and more excited because I just want to know if we are having a boy or girl and to see their little face.
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
You are adorabe! I am excited for the arrival of your littlw one!
Post a Comment