Thursday, September 25, 2014

Baby Jack

Since Jack was born I haven't posted anything on this. So I decided I better get on the ball and do a little updating. For those of you who want to hear how it all went down keep reading. Those who are not interested in the birth story, don't worry I'll be short and you can just look at the overwhelming amount of pictures from the last two months. 
So Sunday July, 27th Cory and I went to church. I made it through the first hour and told Cory I couldn't stay any longer. I was uncomfortable but not having any contractions that were significant. When we got home I started shivering. I was seriously cold and could not get warm, blankets, bath, nothing worked. We messaged one of the doctors from my work and she told us to get my temp. 102 temp out of nowhere. She suggested we head to the hospital in case of some infection. We got there around 2 pm.  After we checked in and taken back my temp was down to 99. We thought at this point we were headed home. However, my blood work came back with an elevated white blood cell count (21). So they said they were admitting us and probably going to induce because of a possible infection and Jack's heart rate was high and not very reactive. So long story short they called my doctor, she came in and broke my water. I made it to a six and gave up on the natural birth I thought I was going to have and then at 3:46 am July 28th Jack was born.
So here are a few pictures from just after he came into this world. It was truly and amazing experience and to see him for the first time and to think I helped to create another life was surreal. I am so thankful my Heavenly Father trusted me to raise one of his precious sons. 

Our first family picture!








Heidi came by the hospital that day and took some amazing pictures for us. Thank you so much! They are perfect!




This lady here is amazing. This is my doctor, Dr. Adams. I couldn't have asked for anyone better to deliver Jack. We hoped that I would go into labor that Saturday because she was on call and I didn't want to have to call her in on another day but that didn't happen. She had been on call Friday from 8-5 and then on Saturday from 7 am- Sunday 7 am. Then she came back to the hospital around 3 pm after we called her. She was out with her family and had been at the hospital for over 24 hrs. She could have easily said she couldn't come in but she did while her family was outside in the car and broke my water. She came back after taking them home and getting ready and was by my side the whole time. Seriously she is an AMAZING doctor and great person. I felt so bad that she was there till after 4 am with us and then had to see patients at work at 8 am, then back to the hospital the next day. Seriously so thankful for her!



Grandpa Jack, Cory Jack, and baby Jack
Now comes the overwhelming amount of pictures of this adorable little boy. If you would rather not take the time to see them then just stop now, but who wouldn't want to see this cute face!


My parents came down the day we came home from the hospital. So glad they came and were able to spend time with Jack. My mother stayed till Sunday and seriously was so helpful. She held him during the night so I could sleep and would come get me when he woke up to eat. She washed and folded my laundry and did my dishes. I have the best mother and I'm so thankful she stayed and helped so much. Plus it was nice to have the company while Cory was at work. 
Cory bought me flowers for giving birth. I told him I wanted them while I was pregnant so that when the day came he knew what I expected and I wouldn't be disappointed and he wouldn't be in trouble for not meeting an expectation he didn't know about. However, he didn't remember this conversation and so after reminding him of it the flowers came a little later, but at least they came. 
Now just sit back and enjoy the last two months of this little guys life in pictures. He has really begun to smile a lot more and I just love all the faces he makes. 












We just love this little boy so much and he has already brought so much joy into our lives!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have been waiting for this post! He's beautiful! Congratulations, you look great

Justin and Ashley said...

I love EVERYTHING about this post! Your baby boy is perfect and I'm so very happy for your cute little family! Being a mom is the most wonderful thing ever!