Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend Getaways

We are now on the downhill slide of our little one arriving but before we settled in for the month of July we decided to have a little fun. 
The weekend of Father's Day we went with Cory's family and went camping which is always fun. 

They always have a horseshoe and washers tournament. This year I was determined to win the washers tournament but we were beat once again by one of Cory's cousins and her father. 
He has great technique. 

 We had a great time although I wouldn't recommend sleeping on an air mattress that doesn't stay aired up very well at 33 weeks pregnant.  

 Cory's niece Jaclyn and I waiting for the auction to start. 
 We even danced while we were there. Cory wouldn't let me do any flips while swing dancing for some crazy reason. :)
 We had a really good time and apparently all of the fun tired out our passengers. 

The next weekend Cory and I decided to take a trip to California. Just the two of us to have some fun before the baby comes. We found a great deal on a hotel in Ontario, CA. 
When we got there we checked in to our hotel and then drove down the street to a huge outlet mall and just walked around. 
That night we drove down to Downtown Disney to walk around. 
 We were both really impressed by the Lego store. We couldn't believe that these statues were made from Legos. 


 We didn't purchase anything because anything with the Disney logo is way expensive but we had to at least try on some Mickey ears. 
 Cory took this picture to show that we almost made it to Disneyland. Maybe one day.
 We found a yummy place to stop and eat and as we were leaving the fireworks from Disneyland went off so we stopped and watched them before heading out. 

 Saturday morning we got up and headed to the Los Angeles temple. It was beautiful and much bigger than I expected. 


After the temple we headed for Santa Monica beach. When we finally found parking we stopped at Perry's Cafe along the beach and had lunch.

 We walked down the pier and then headed out to find us a good spot to enjoy just sitting on the beach. 

 This is Cory almost getting taken out by a wave. The water wasn't too bad once you got in. 

Sunday we went to church and then just enjoyed some relaxing time in the hotel. That night I found out one of my good friends that I grew up with, McKenzie Shultz, lived only about 12 minutes from our hotel so Monday morning before we left we stopped by her home and visited with her and her adorable kids. I unfortunately forgot to take a picture with her. 
We had such a great time and now we are just waiting for our little one to arrive. 

No comments: