Friday, April 25, 2014

Pregnancy Update

One of Cory's friends did this on her blog and I thought it was a great idea.



How far along? 26 weeks and 3 days. Just a couple of weeks from the third trimester

Total weight gain? I can't believe I'm admitting this but I figure one day I'll want to look back and know.
So far I've gained about 18 lbs. 

Maternity clothes? Yes I've noticed that my regular shirts are stretching out around the belly. I also bought my first pair of maternity pants.

Stretch marks? Not yet.

Sleep? Pretty normal. I toss back a forth a little more now that I'm not supposed to sleep on my back and occasionally get up to go to the bathroom.

Best moments this month:
  • Feeling the baby move all the time and watching my stomach morph. 
  • Painting the baby's room and setting up the crib.
Miss anything? Not really. There hasn't been much I haven't been able to do. Running however is getting much more difficult and I only make it about half a mile before I feel like I have to go to the bathroom. 

Food cravings? Sugar cereal if it's in the house. If not then I'm pretty happy eating anything.

Anything make you queasy or sick? Nothing ever did or has yet, so let's hope it stays that way.

Gender? Don't know and not finding out. Cory is adamant it's a boy, so I usually feel that way until someone tells me they think it's a girl and then I really have no idea. 50/50 chance either way.

Labor signs? No, but I do get braxton hicks often.

Symptoms? Nothing really. Other that a really sharp pain in my hip when I lay on my back and pelvic muscles that are a little tired from holding baby up.

Looking forward too: 
  • My next appointment on Thursday. I'll be doing my 1 hr glucose test and the growth ultrasound, which means we get to take another peak at our little one and see just how big baby is growing.  
  • Seeing our baby of course. I can't wait to see what this little one looks like.  
  • Birthing and breast feeding class. I just want to feel a little more prepared, although I know we'll never really be prepared for it but I'm happy to learn something that might make it a little smoother. 
  • Parents coming into town and spending a little time with my sister that lives in Mexico before she leaves. 
Notes:
  • We have just a few months left and pretty much every weekend until the baby is due is already booked with something going on. I'm a little nervous about getting things done that we need to and not being worn out from it all. 
  • The idea that I'm going to be going back to work stresses me out already. I'm worried about the time away from this little one and the whole breastfeeding/pumping that I'm going to have to figure out while I'm at work. 
  • We still need to find a pediatrician along with a list of other things.
Here is another picture we took about a week before the one on the top. 



1 comment:

Jordan and Katelyn said...

You look awesome! Lovely and glowing! :)