Sunday, March 9, 2014

Catching up

Things have been a little busy around here and I've slacked in my blogging so here is a quick catch up for the last few months. 
We spent Christmas with Heidi and Darren and their family. We had a great time with these adorable kids.
Christmas Eve in my family we have always acted out the Nativity scene and this year Cory and I played Mary and Joseph.
We sang songs and listened to the Christmas story along with other Christmas stories. This was the final manger with a shepherd, two wise men and an angel. We had such a good time with everyone Christmas day and enjoyed a day to just relax.
The new year brought another semester for Cory and so far he is doing well. Cory's family added an adorable little niece, Samantha, on Jan. 6th and our good friends had a baby boy shortly after that. 
At the end of January we ran in the Color Run again. We had a great time and had a few new people run with us.
We ended up pretty dirty. One one of the last stations I got hit right in the eye with purple color. I couldn't see for a bit and Cory said my eye was purple.


We've really enjoyed running this race and we'll probably do it again next year.
After the race we cleaned up and attended the Gilbert Temple open house with some friends. It was absolutely beautiful and we went back several times with lots of other friends.
February came along with my 25th birthday. My parents were in town for the open house.

 I spent my birthday weekend with my family and that night Cory took me to the Cheesecake Factory which was delicious. We had a great time. 
Lastly we're having a baby! We had our anatomy ultrasound on Thursday and it was so much fun to see our little baby. We decided that we didn't want to find out what we are having and keep it a surprise. 
 Profile
 Foot
 Hand
 This one is 3D.
Me about 18wks. We are so excited and a little nervous. I've started feeling the baby move here and there a little and that's been a lot of fun.

4 comments:

Katie Wells said...

Cute baby, but I am sad there's no bum shots of him/her!!

mom and dad said...

great blog sure do enjoy reading your blogs MOM

Adrienne said...

Ah congrats Mel's!

Jordan and Katelyn said...

how exciting! congrats!! :)