Saturday, August 17, 2013

Summer Part 1


 This past summer has been full of lots of fun. Almost every weekend in July we were going somewhere. We headed up to Heidi's place one of the first weekends and had a great time. 
For the 24th of July my hometown celebrates Pioneer Day. We have a parade, games, dinner, dance, and a 5k. This year for my family reunion we decided to head home and celebrate with all the fun. We had a great time. I forgot my camera so I only have a few pictures. We played volleyball, jumped on the trampoline, went shooting, shopping, had our feet zoned, ate a lot of great food, and stayed up too late. 
One day the kids put together a talent show that we all participated in. It was so much fun. 
 This is me doing my best Russian squat dance while Cory sang a crazy happy birthday song in Russian.
 Everyone enjoying the show. We had juggling, story telling, salsa dancing, roping, singing. The accordion was played, the abc's were sung, back flips and gymnastics on the trampoline. It was great. The weather was beautiful which made it all the better.
 Cory and I got up early Saturday and ran the 5k. Later that morning we all watched the parade. It was great and the kids loved it.
 I thought this was pretty neat.
I love these girls and couldn't have asked for better sisters, and the great thing is we were lucky enough to get three more when my brothers got married.
Our family attempted the grease poll but we were unsuccessful. We should have let someone else try first and clean some of the grease off before we went, but the missionaries got the money so I don't feel too bad. We had a great time and we're a little bummed that we were missing a few, but I have an amazing family and can't wait to do it again next year.

1 comment:

mom and dad said...

Great !!! I've been waiting on you to share your great summer. We had a great trip to the temple. Love you mom