Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Idaho

A couple of weekends back Cory and I headed to Idaho for one of Cory's mission companions wedding. The night before we left Cory's little sister graduated from high school. We were able to see some family which was nice.

Lexi (cousin), Cory, Kristin (sis-in-law)
Cory and his grandpa. 
We took off Thursday and flew into Idaho Falls. Cory's sister, Erika and her family picked us up from the airport and we spent some time around falls and went to dinner. They live in Soda Springs and we stayed there that night. Friday morning we woke up and went to the spring. They have a naturally carbonated spring. It was crazy but the water was not that great. We played in the park on teeter totters and had a great time with Cory's nephews. We also stopped at a geyser they have there. Apparently when they found it they had to cap it and only let it off once a day because it was throwing off Old Faithful. Later we met Jason and went on a little hike up to a lake and went fishing. I didn't get any pictures of all of this because we were having to much fun and I forgot my camera. 

Later that night we went up to Brad and Katie's. We had a great time there with their kids. 
Saturday, the day of the wedding, was our 1 year anniversary. I wasn't sure about going to someone's wedding on our anniversary but it was really nice. To be honest I don't remember much of what was said at our sealing so it was really nice to go on the day we were married and be in the temple.
It was such a beautiful temple.
After the wedding Cory and I had our feet zoned. It was interesting but nice. 
Later we went to the reception. It was great because Cory was able to see some of his old mission buddies.
Doing the Russian smile... they don't. 
We then went to dinner with Brad and Katie. It was so nice and the weather was beautiful. I didn't want to land when be came back to AZ. It was so brown and hot outside. Thanks everyone for making it a great trip.

2 comments:

Katie Wells said...

So glad you could come play with us!

Rebecca said...

Sound like you had fun but also that you were crazy busy.