The other day Cory told me that he wanted to do something but we couldn't do it Saturday so he asked if I could take part of the day off on Friday. I said sure and Friday morning he came to pick me up bright and early. On our way he pulled next to a Denny's and I thought "He did not ask me to take off work so we could have breakfast." We finally parked in front of Starbucks and he told me we were waiting for some people. I didn't know what was going on so I waited. The next thing I knew a vehicle with a picture of a hot air balloon pulled up next to us. I couldn't believe it! We jumped in the car with four random people and set out to launch.
Cory and I waiting to fill up the balloon and that is sheer excitement on my face!
The balloon just kept coming out of the bag. It was huge!
Cory is helping to hold it up while it is being aired up.
Getting ready to take off. Holy Cow.
It was so awesome. We were just floating in the sky and it was such an amazing sight.
While we were floating away our pilot passed out little army parachute guys for us to throw over the edge. I threw mine over and I was leaning over the side watching them float down and admiring the view. While I was leaning over I got a tap on my back and when I turned around there was Cory on one knee asking me if I would marry him! I couldn't believe it but at this point there was no way he was going to top a hot air balloon ride. A couple that was there caught the first reaction. Unfortunately she stopped the camera but we got another video while the flames were going so you can't hear us but I think it's cute.
We launched in Gilbert and finally landed in a random field in Tempe. The pilot said it was one of the farthest trips they've had in awhile.
After we landed the pilot set up a table with fancy glaces and poured us all a drink (of course we took the sparkling apple juice) and then told us how hot air balloons started. We then toasted each other and had some snacks
Everyone congratulated us and it was so AWESOME!
Aren't we so cute! It was such an amazing experience and I just love Cory and can't wait to marry him.
Here are some pictures of the ring.
Our date is set for June 1st!

13 comments:
So, so awesome! You two are super cute together.
You are so lucky that couple caught some of the reaction on video. Too cute! Congrats!
I'm so excited Mels!
hooray! congrats! you are a beautiful couple!!
Congratulations Melissa! That's awesome!
We love you guys and are so excited for you both!
Yaaayy! Congrats!! I am so happy for you!
That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!
Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah YEAH!!! I am so happy for you! YEAH!
That is so cute, Missy! Congratulations!
how fun!!!!!!!!! amazing!!!!!!! congrats :)
AWESOME!
just now seeing this, soo cute!I love how the dude in the background said to his wife, "it didn't take her 10 minutes in the snow" and then ends with his wife saying shut-...I assume he meant for you to say yes-LOL.
So awesome you have this moment on video forever! Love you and can't wait to see ya in a few months! :D
Post a Comment