For my Substance Abuse class we had an undercover cop come and talk to us about some stories that he had dealing with drugs and people. It was really interesting and crazy to hear. After he was done he brought out some drugs that they had collected off of people. He told us we could come down and take a look so I thought that this would probably be the one and only time I would be handling illegal drugs. It was crazy! There was a pretty large package of marijuana. He also had meth, crystal meth, heroin, cocaine and some of the prescription drugs that people often get addicted to such as Oxycontin and Oxycodone. It was crazy to hear how people deal drugs and how many people there are around us that deal. This class is really amazing I never really new much about drug use and how prevalent it is and what people do to get it. But take a look at this picture and see what it does to people. It's sad to see and I don't think we talk a lot about it so I would suggest when you have kids talk to them about the dangers and effects that drugs have on them, family, and friends. 


3 comments:
This lecture was so interesting to me last semester. I will never forget this class!
Yup that woman is from Oregon...she was all around our schools on posters... Yay Oregon and the meth capitol. At least it used to be...
Those pictures are freaky!
Post a Comment