I'm finally getting around to telling the story from last Tuesday on my way home from Rigby. (It's a little long so be warned) Well that morning I had gotten up early to leave so I could make it home in time to take a quiz I had a noon. I said goodbye and asked how to get to the gas station there in Rigby. Brad suggested that I just head out to Pocatello and get gas there. I drove down to Pocatello and pulled into the gas station to fill up when I realized that I couldn't find my wallet. I couldn't believe it but I left my wallet in Rigby which is an hour away. I went into the gas station to see if there was any way they would take cc info over the phone and they said no. Brad decided to see what he could do and so I sat in the store waiting to find out if anything could be done. At this point I couldn't drive back to Rigby because 1. I don't have enough gas and 2. I don't have time to drive an hour up and back. So I sat inside the store trying to figure out what I could do. I knew I couldn't beg for help so there I was. A few people passed me by unnoticed and finally a man stopped and asked if I was ok. I told him my story and he just said I'm sorry and continued on. Afterwards I ran across the street to see if the other gas station would do anything. They were a little more willing but I needed to have some kind of ID. In the meantime Brad called and said the area person was going to call and see if anything could be done. I went inside and they said no. At this point I was a little distraught. I didn't know what to do, so I went and sat in my car. Well out of nowhere a man came around to my door. I opened the door and he told me that he overheard me and wanted to help. He asked if I was Mormon and I said yes. He then said that he was to and that he trusted me. At the same time the original man who asked if I was ok pulled up beside me. He asked if I was being taken care of I told him yes. He then asked if I had any money and then handed me a $20. I was so taken back. The other man came back and put $20 in my tank, but he realized that it wasn't going to be enough and I could tell that he probably didn't have much to spare especially being a father of 10! I told him not to worry and put the other $20 in. It was such a huge blessing. I asked Heavenly Father for help and He sent it. I was so happy that those men listened to the Spirit. So I was on my way and I had the thought that I needed to be careful about speed (those who know me would understand) because I had no ID. Well as I was driving I was peeling a banana and while I was my front tire went crossed the white line. Just after that a car that had just sped past me slowed down and got behind me... It was a cop! He pulled me over and asked some questions and then asked for my ID. I proceeded to tell him my story and said that I didn't have any. He asked my name and then asked if I had guns or knives or anything illegal. I told him no and then he looked at me and told me to be safe and to have a great day. It was again blessed because I don't have the money to pay for a ticket. I made it back in time for the quiz and all went well. All I have to say is thank you Heavenly Father for helping me get back and thanks to those sweet people who made it possible.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow! That is awesome! Such a good story!
Nice story. Oh, and PARAGRAPHS PLEASE!!!
Love Scott's comment.... Sometimes strangers just make your day.
Post a Comment