Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Roosevelt... not the president

This past weekend I went to Roosevelt, UT with my roommate Amanda. We went up to visit her Great-Grandma. While we were there they were having the Uintah Basin celebration. It was great! We went to the parade on Saturday morning and it was a really good parade.

(Us at the parade) We saw smoking the bear! The floats were all really done well. The next picture was my favorite of the whole parade.
It was Mater! He was done so well. The hood was missing and the windows were painted with his eyes. Also they had the music from Cars playing and every once in awhile he would drive backwards.

Later that day we went into Vernal to see the town. Apparently Vernal is the place to go for dinosaur info. This is a giant pink dinosaur that I named Susie. We ate at Wingers which was delicious. After we went over to the Vernal temple. Unfortunately we didn't go inside, poor planning on our part but this is a picture of it. I like it because it is different than your normal temple since it once was the tabernacle.
Overall I had a great time. Her grandma was hilarious and even more funny was her Aunt Vickie. I'm going to have to go back there soon because I loved the town!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

i'm in love with that dinosaur!

Amanda Leigh said...

I love you Mels! So happy you came with me, we did have alot of fun!:) Cant wait for our next road trip!

old said...

Looks like you had fun, pretty girl! Free vacations are the BEST!

Heidi said...

Wow that is a big pink dinosaur. Do you think Susie and Barney know about each other?