Friday, October 23, 2009

Homecoming Spectacular

It is BYU Homecoming this week and last night Carrie and I went to the Homecoming Spectacular. I've gone every year since I've been up here and I absolutely love going. They always put on a great show. Every year they have a theme and someone that represents that theme. This year it was on Eugene Roberts. He was an athletic director here. They told this funny story about how he wrote under a pseudo name as a distinguished European writer and was able to persuade the town to do renovations for buildings and roads. Well he decided to take it a step farther and convinced hundreds of people to come to this world renowned pianist concert. In reality it was him dressed in disguise and he played chopsticks and pounded his fists on the piano and in the end he received a standing ovation. Well the dancing and music were great and I'm glad I went. Tomorrow ESPN College Game Day is coming to Provo so I'll have to let you know how that goes, I'm way excited!

1 comment:

Katie Wells said...

Missy,

You're famous! Your spotlight on ESPN is enough to make you go down into history forever. :) I forget about all the fun shows and productions you get to go to when you're in college. I'm glad you're making the most of it. Can't wait to see you!!