About a month ago Cory's mom told me she had a bunch of Cory's old t-shirts from high school and suggested I make a quilt with them for his birthday. It sounded like a perfect idea as I didn't have anything planned for him. So over the course of about a month I was at Cory's parents house working on this quilt for him every Thursday after work and Friday on my day off. It was a lot of work that I'd never really done before but thankfully with lots of help from Cory's mom I was able to finish it the Tuesday before his birthday. Luckily everyday I was over there I had some legitimate excuse for being there so I never had to lie to Cory, I just left out a few details about my being there. Sunday came and I was so excited to give it to him.

There was a bit of chaos when I gave it to him including stepping on a small child, bumping heads with Cory as we checked on the small child, and two phone calls. It didn't really go down the way I pictured it but after it all he came up and put his arms around me and told me he loved it.
The block right in the middle that is purple is a t-shirt of mine from high school that I had a lady I work with embroider I Love You on. Monday night during FHE he wrapped himself in it which made me happy.
3 comments:
I love it! What a great birthday gift.
Missy, I love it! It turned out awesome! What a cool gift. :)
Wow lots of work. I was one of those phone calls right? Now that you are a pro you can make your one. Cool
Post a Comment