Thursday, May 31, 2012

Quick Catch Up

 I'm writing this as I wait for my toes to dry that I painted for my wedding on Friday. I thought I better catch up a little before the big day and then have all of that to post about as well. This month has been crazy and exciting all at the same time as Cory and I have spent lots of time planning and trying to fit in a little fun here and there.
A little while back we had gone on a walk near this river and saw paddle boats. I always thought it would be something fun to do so one day Cory surprised me with a paddle boat ride. It was a lot of fun.
 It is a lot different then I thought. It doesn't steer very well and you have to peddle a lot to go a small distance. It was still a great time to be on the lake with this handsome man.
 Our month has been packed with planning and showers and lots and lots of driving. We went to the Snowflake Temple the beginning of the month where I went through the temple and had an amazing experience. The next weekend we headed up to Utah to get our marriage license since I told Cory I was getting married in Manti and he and his family graciously accepted that.
We found this little place along the way and of course we had to stop and take a picture. 
 We met up with his sister while we were there. She came down from Idaho to meet me since we hadn't met yet. We had a lot of fun and spent some fun time in Salt Lake City. I had a picture but Cory had his eyes closed and I don't think he would have wanted me to post it. 
Oh and we also were given a motorcycle. Alena and Andrew came over one weekend and sent Cory and I on a scavenger hunt where we ended up in Heidi's garage with our names on the bike. It has been fun. 
 Life is treating us well and in one day I will marry the man of my dreams in the temple and we will be sealed for eternity. I can't imagine doing anything better than that.

2 comments:

Kris and Cath said...

Congrats! This is beautiful:) I remember my wedding day very well and it was such a special and exciting day! I am beyond happy for you both!

Love ya!

Paige said...

OH my goodness!! I go to China and die off of the blog world and I come back to check on you and you are MARRIED!!!??!?!?!!?!? I'm soooooo happy for you! I am so excited for you too! I love it and I love you! Congrats Melissa!!!!