Heidi and I wanted to surprise Becca for her birthday and show up in Mexico. Well it didn't turn out that way because Becca kept asking when we were going to come so we told her our original plan and then booked the flight.
We both flew into Denver and flew out together to Cancun where we met these lovely people.
Becca and Heidi
That first night our hotel toilet decided to overflow. When it started I went down to turn off the water (like I've always been taught) but the knob was broken off so it started to run over. Heidi yelled to the rescue to put the plug down in the toilet. Well there was a lot of water by that time but luckily there was a small drain under the sink that I mopped the water into for about a half hour.
Me washing the floor with soapy water.
Friday morning we woke up and drove to Chichen Itza! It was so amazing and I can't believe they were were able to build something like this so long ago.
Isn't it incredible!
Becca, Heidi, Me
When you compare our height to this it is crazy to see how big it really is.
It was so fun. We walked all around and saw as much as we could. Thank night we stayed for a light show that we thought would be in English but when it started in Spanish and stayed in Spanish we realized we were supposed to pick up some headsets to hear it in Spanish, so I enjoyed it in while Becca and Daniel translated. Later that day we drove over to Merida and slept in a hotel. Saturday we went to the temple there and also met one of Daniel's sisters. She was so sweet and her kids were so adorable. The trip was so much fun and I got to know Daniel more and I didn't know he was so funny and so sweet. The whole drive there I kept making up Spanish words by adding ious our endo to an English word. We laughed and laughed and I can't wait to go back!

3 comments:
MELS I'M SO JEALOUS!!! You are way lucky! Next time take me too :-)
I love you I miss you!
Missy I had so much fun. I am really missing you guys today. I am already thinking when is the next time that we can truely justify you coming again. Thanks for all the nice comments. I loved having you here. Mi casa es tu casa.
You and Heidi look so much alike in that first picture!
Post a Comment