Sunday, April 28, 2013

Race Day

 The last month Cory and I have been training for a 10k. Friday night we went out with some friends and had pasta to carb load for our race on Saturday. We ran yesterday and had a great time. A good friend of ours asked me if I wanted to run with her and Cory decided to join in.
Our friend Brittany, Me. Cory
 







Cory's sister Dayna ran the race in a relay team.
  
 
 Although the race wasn't that well organized we still had a pretty good time. We were delayed about 30 min which only meant it was getting hotter outside but we still did well. 
Cory came in 6th overall with a time of 48:43. He was the first in his age group and 5th boy to finish. I came in 7th overall with a time of 48:47. I was also the first in my age group to finish and I was the 2nd girl to finish.

The medals were batons. Pretty neat for a medal but not so convenient to store.
After we ran we came home showered, slept, had lunch with Dayna and then slept again. We were pretty tired. Later that night we had pizza and watched a movie with a couple in our ward. Overall we had a really fun day. 

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is really cool. Missy you look skinner! Have you lost weight? You are looking like a hotty. I am jealous but not enough to start doi g something about it.