Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall

FALL = CANNING
Around these parts there is not much change in the scenery but the weather is starting to cool down and I've been canning. 
My mother sent tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and cucumbers so I put them to good use with tomato sandwiches and yummy zucchini bread!
 We get a bountiful basket every other week and the other day we had green chilies in our basket so of course I decided to roast it. It smelled so good. I skinned it and froze it.
 Next we bought a box of peaches and pears from Utah and I borrowed Heidi's pot to can the peaches and Cory's mom, his sister Jaci, and I canned pears.

 We had some peaches that my mom sent to us so I made this jam and we had a few left over peaches from our box so I also made some freezer jam.

When we went to Prescott for Labor Day the house we stayed at had grape vines that were loaded so I picked them and Heidi and I canned 24 quarts of grape juice. I would have taken a picture of them but they are buried all of the other food storage. 
I'm sure liking the fall and the fun we've had. Also Cory celebrated his birthday and I think he had a pretty good. day.

I got him the new triple combination in Russian and his sister Erika, his mom, and I got him a riding jacket for the motorcycle.We had a pretty good couple of weeks. Photos on what we've been up to lately to follow.

4 comments:

mom and dad said...

Melissa you make your mama proud, gooooo Girl!!!!!! Your pictures are beautiful. I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments. Love you girl. Mom

mom and dad said...

Proud of you girl I know first hand just how much work that represents. I hope Cory realizes what a prize he really got Dad.

Kris and Cath said...

I am so glad you guys are doing well:) WOAH on the canning! You go girl!

Rebecca said...

Wow Missy you have been busy. Good for you