Monday, August 22, 2011

Beat the Heat

 Last Tuesday I had the sudden urge to run. I haven't been as good about it down here with it being so hot. Tuesday I searched for some races around here and found one for that Friday. It was called Beat the Heat. It was appropriately named. The sunset was really pretty as we started but it doesn't cool down after the sun goes down here. It was so hot that as I was running I had goose bumps (weird feeling to get them when it's hot). My body was doing everything to let out the heat. It was a pretty good run and there were 259 people there.
After the finish. I had to take off my socks cause it was so hot!


I wasn't expecting much especially since several high school's cross country teams were there, but to my surprise I took second in my age group. I was 156th overall which pretty much means I was the leader of the slow pack. Some of the girls cross country runners were running between 18 and 22 minutes.
I thought the shirt was pretty good and who doesn't love a medal.

I had a pretty good time and then I came home and sat on the couch the rest of the night watching Sectretariat, overall a good night.
Saturday I went to a baptism and then off to a surprise party at a lake house. It was so much fun and to just be able to walk out your back door and jump in the lake anytime you want would be so much fun. Afterwards I was off to the adult session of stake conference. It was a pretty good weekend!

2 comments:

mom and dad said...

You my dear are one dedicated person. You and Kristin just keep running it is good for you I guess. as for me I will keep going to the pool. Proud of you and your get up and go, especially in the heat of Arizona.

Greedy Kristian said...

Nice job! I'm so proud. Keep it up.